This document explains how to source candidates from Job sites as well as from social sites such as LinkedIn etc. which are not directly supported for full candidate download.
PSAN’s Chrome Addin supports downloading of full candidate details (i.e. profile information shown in the Job site as well as actual resume file) from the following Job Boards:
However you can download candidate profile details (excluding the resume file) from any additional Job site or social media site such as LinkedIn etc. by adding such sites as ‘custom resume sources’.
1.1 Configuring a New Job Site in the External Site Launchpad
In order to start downloading candidate details from a new Job site you first need to add it as a custom resume source via the Chrome Addin.
Follow these steps to do this:
- Launch Google Chrome browser and open the site containing resume content. For example let us assume the site is “www.indeed.co.in”.
- Click on the PSAN Addin icon and select "Add Current Site as Source".
- In the dialog that comes up type a name & description for the source in the ‘Name’ and ‘Description’ fields and in the ‘Select Regions’ and ‘Select Countries’ sections, tick the regions & countries under which to categorize the resume source and click Add.
A confirmation dialog will be displayed saying the new site has been added as a resume source. Click ‘OK’ to continue.
- Now whenever you launch the PSAN External Site Launchpad you will see the new site that you’ve added as a resume source in the list of sources.
You can add as many new job sites or social media sites such as LinkedIn etc. as you need using the above steps.
1.2 Downloading Candidate Profiles from a Custom Resume Source
Once you’ve added a site as a custom resume source you can download candidate profiles from it using the download options in the Chrome Addin. Follow these steps to do this:
- Login to the site and perform a candidate search as per your requirements.
- In the search result click on the name of a candidate to open the profile detail page.
- In the profile detail page click on the PSAN Addin icon and select 'Download Profile'.
- The following pop-up will be displayed indicating that the download is in progress
- Once the profile download is complete the following confirmation dialog will be displayed. Click ‘OK’ to proceed:
- The profile will be added to the Addin download list in your browser.
Repeat the above steps for each candidate profile that you want to download from the search results.
- Once the required no. of profiles are downloaded, click on the Addin icon and select 'Save Profiles to Database'. This will display the download list.
- Select the profiles from the list and click on the 'Save' button. This will save the profiles to your Talenture RS database.
1.3 Merging of Full Resume Files with Downloaded Profile
Once you’ve saved the profile details to Talenture RS using the above steps, whenever you receive the full resume file of these candidates via any other source into Talenture RS the resume file will get automatically merged with the existing candidate record.
The sources from where you can receive resume files include:
- Email containing resume forwarded to Talenture RS’s ResumeInbox
- Candidate sends his/her resume via email to your email-id
In all of the above cases, Talenture RS will automatically merge the resume file with the existing candidate profile downloaded from the job site.
a. Merging Parameters
When merging resume files with existing candidate profiles downloaded from custom resume sources, Talenture RS will use some key candidate details such as email-id, date of birth etc.
In case these details were not available in the initial profile page that you downloaded, Talenture RS will not be able to automatically merge the full resume file with the existing candidate profile.
In such a case you can manually add the full resume file to a candidate profile in Talenture RS. Follow these steps for adding a resume file manually:
- In the ‘Candidates->Added/Refreshed’ view in the Talenture RS Workbench, open the detail sheet of the candidate whose profile you downloaded from the newly added job site.
- In the Detail sheet, click on the 'Files' tab.
- Under the 'Resume Files' section, click on the 1st "Browse" button and select the resume file from the disk location where you’ve saved it.
- From the drop-down next to ‘Browse’ button select "Formatted Resume".
- Click on the 'Save' button.
2. Related Documents