RBox allows you to quickly verify basic candidate contact details to enable performing error-free communication with candidates. This article explains how to use the candidate contact validation feature and its benefits.
RBox provides the Validate Contact Details option to enable recruiters to quickly verify the basic contact details of candidates added in the database before using them in job requirements.
The ‘Validate Contact Details’ dialog is a split screen window that shows both the original resume document and the RBox extracted details side-by-side. This allows you to use basic drag-drop actions to fill in missing details directly into the relevant database fields.
The option is critical for recruiters because
- You need to ensure that accurate contact details for all candidates are stored in the database for it to be used optimally for filling positions.
- Although all Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) may have an automatic resume parsing feature, the accuracy of such systems is not 100%. Hence you would still need to verify basic details of candidates before using them for job requirements.
1.1 Integration in RBox
RBox tightly integrates contact validation in the system in the following ways:
- When you perform any recruiting action or communication on a candidate for the first time, RBox automatically displays the ‘Validate Contact Details’ window.
This ensures that recruiters do not miss verification of basic contact details before taking any recruitment related action on candidates.
- You can also manually launch the contact validation window using the ‘Validate Contact Details’ option available in candidate list views.
- Once a candidate has been marked as validated, RBox displays a distinct icon next to the candidate to indicate a verified candidate as shown in the screenshot below:
a. Automatic Display of Contact Validation Window
RBox automatically displays the ‘Validate Contact Details’ window in the following scenarios:
- Using the ‘Communicate with Candidates’ option for the first time on a candidate
- Performing the ‘Change Status’ action on a candidate for the first time
b. Repeating Contact Validation on Candidates
Although RBox marks candidates as ‘Validated’ once you’ve marked them as ‘valid’ candidates, you can also repeat the action using the ‘Validate Contact Details’ option available in various candidate list views.
This is useful in cases where you need to re-confirm certain details based in updates received from candidates, mistakes in initial validation etc.
1.2 Implementing Process for Contact Validation
Organizations can implement a process for validating the contact details of candidates within their teams to ensure that candidates used for job requirements are fully verified.
Following are some suggested processes for using this option:
- Done By Individual Recruiters: In this case each recruiter in the team uses the ‘Validate Contact Details’ option when they source candidates while working on positions.
This will ensure that all candidates added to the database are verified and would make each recruiter responsible for verification of candidates sourced by them.
- Dedicated Data Cleanup Person: You can designate a team member for ensuring the verification of all sourced candidates. This person will use the ‘Validate Contact Details’ option to verify candidates added by all users in the team.
This strategy would be more efficient if there is a data entry person in the team who can perform this task in a focused and fast manner.
2. Related Resources
Please sign in to leave a comment.