This document explains how to import resume files in bulk from email client applications other than Microsoft Outlook such as Thunderbird, Apple Mail etc.
You may require to do this in case you want to migrate your existing resume data in the form of email attachments existing in your email application into the RBox database.
Note: There are conversion tools available for converting email data of many non-Outlook applications to Microsoft Outlook PST (Personal Folders File) format which can then directly be imported into RBox.
For example, you can use the free MBOX Email Extractor to convert email from Apple Mail Client to ‘.eml’ format. After that you will be able to use the Outlook Import Wizard to move extracted e-mails to MS Outlook.
But in case such a tool is not available for the email application you’re using or you do not want to use a conversion tool you can follow the process described in this document for importing your email data into RBox.
The process for importing resume data in bulk from your email application into RBox broadly involves indirectly converting the email data in your email application to MS Outlook PST format and then importing directly from the PST file into RBox. It comprises of the following steps:
- Create a temporary email-id in Gmail.
- Configure the temporary Gmail email account in your email application as an IMAP account.
- Copy the email folders existing in your email application to the Gmail account configured in the application so that the data in those folders gets synched via IMAP to the Gmail account.
- Configuring the Gmail account containing the synched email data in MS Outlook on another machine and downloading the entire data into it.
- Importing the data from MS Outlook into RBox.
1. Create a temporary email-id in Gmail
1.0 Go to the Gmail website and create a temporary email-id. You can pick an email address similar to your existing email address from which you’re migrating the data for ease of use. For example, if your existing email-id is “firstname.lastname@example.org” then you can create the Gmail id as “email@example.com”.
2. Configure the temporary Gmail id in your email application
2.0. Now configure the Gmail id that you created in the previous step as an IMAP account in your email application. You can refer to the following Gmail help page to learn how to set up a Gmail account as an IMAP account in popular email applications.
Read Gmail messages on other email clients using IMAP
3. Upload data from your folder to Gmail
3.0 Copy each of the folders containing the data you want to migrate to RBox to the Gmail folder tree in your email application. Once you’ve copied the folders, enable the ‘Synchronization’ for each of these folders.
Now the messages from each folder will start to be uploaded to the Gmail account.
3.1 Monitor the completion of the data synchronization from all copied folders by refreshing the folder list in the Gmail folder list at regular intervals.
4. Configure the Gmail id in MS Outlook & download email data
4.0 Configure the Gmail id in MS Outlook on any computer. You can refer to the following Gmail help page to learn how to set up a Gmail account in MS Outlook.
Read Gmail messages on other email clients using POP
4.1. Once configured, download all email into Outlook from the Gmail account.
5. Import the email data from MS Outlook into RBox
5.0 Please refer to the following document for the steps to prepare resume data from email messages in MS Outlook: Preparing Resume Data from Email in Microsoft Outlook.
Please sign in to leave a comment.